Home Pest Control Possible with Home-based Remedies?
Yes, to some extent it is. The efficacy of the home treatment depends on the severity of the infestation. One can apply it at the onset of the infestation concern when it still is within a manageable margin.
Without beating around the bush let us mention all the possible and practicable home remedies for home pest control.
RATS & MICE
1) Mix a quarter of the water with 1 teaspoon of regular detergent powder and 2 cups of ammonia together. Pour the mixture into a bowl and keep it in areas these rodents frequent mostly.
2) Dip cotton balls in peppermint oil and castor oil mixed together (forget about the ratio, not important) and keep them in infested areas.
3) Sprinkle pepper flakes in infested regions across your property.
4) Keep onion slices and crushed garlic cloves at their entry points (identify them). Rats and mice won’t enter your property.
5) Sprinkle instant potato powder in infested spaces.
1) Sprinkle boric acid powder at spaces cockroaches frequent commonly on your property
2) Mix sugar powder with baking soda. Sprinkle the mixture all over their hideouts. Leave it overnight.
3) Mix a tablespoon of Neem (Azadirachta indica) oil with 2 cups of water and pour the solution into a bottle. Spray it at infested areas.
4) You can also sprinkle neem powder over infested areas.
5) Mix corn starch with Plaster of Paris in equal quantities. Place it at places you suspect to be infested.
- Do you love adding some exotic houseplant at home? Venus Flytrap is a carnivorous plant that feeds on house flies and insects.
- Mix cayenne pepper with water and spray the solution at roach-infested areas.
- Houseflies cannot tolerate basil. Crush a few basil leaves, boil them in water, and strain the liquid after it cools down into a spray bottle. Spray as necessary.
- Boil finely chopped ginger in water and pour the concoction inside a spray bottle. Spray it at spaces you notice their gatherings.
- Hang orange peels at areas the ants, flies and even mosquitoes frequent the most. It helps deter them.
- Spray eucalyptus oil mixed with water at spider-infested spaces
- Mix equal parts of water and white vinegar to use the solution as a spider deterrent.
- Spiders hate mint. Use peppermint oil or crushed mint leaves or even mint tea bags to repel them. Planting mint trees at home also helps.
- Place some cedar chips in areas you suspect spider infestation.
- Get a cat! No funny, a serious help to chase off spiders.
1) Clean your mattresses and all possible bedding items using hot water and dry on a very hot cycle. It kills beg bugs.
2) Bed bugs don’t like Citrus oil, Tea Tree oil, and Cedar oil. Mix any of these with water. Spray the solution at susceptible areas.
3) Diatomaceous earth can dehydrate bed bugs to death. Spray diatomaceous powder and water solution at infested spaces and let it rest for a week. Don’t sprinkle the powder as it is bad to inhale the powder.
4) You can use bed bug traps
5) Bed bug-proof encasement might be of help.
BEES & WASPS
- Fill a spray bottle with water mixed with 2 tablespoons of dish soap. Spray at spaces you suspect them the most.
- Spray peppermint oil and clove oil mixed with water to repel bees and wasps.
- Plant Spearmint, Thyme, and Marigolds inside your property. It can stop the buzzing!
- Planting eucalyptus in your garden can also help
- Wasp traps might come in handy
If the infestation is severe and you find these solutions are not helping your situation, seek home pest control expert services.
Follow our Facebook Page
IF YOU LIKED THIS ARTICLE, HERE ARE SOME MORE!